- Industrial research activities related to the world of polymeric materials
- Components and molds design
- Construction of molds and injection molding of polymeric materials
- Design and production of technical articles in the catalog for ceramic production lines
Caratteristiche di specialità/eccellenza
Industrial research laboratory
FM has an R & D laboratory – FM lab (www.fm.re.it/lab) – able to conduct industrial research projects related to the world of polymeric materials. In particular we can carry out the following activities:
- feasibility studies in particular on projects to replace metal materials with polymer materials (metal replacement);
- design of technical components in polymeric material and related molds with the help of simulations;
- standard and special mechanical and tribological tests on printed materials and products. The special tests (tensile, bending, compression, impact, creep, fatigue and pin-on-disk wear tests) are defined with the customer according to his pecific needs and with maximum flexibility;
- molding tests on new polymeric materials; FM lab has several collaborations with prestigious universities and other research organizations.
Mold production and injection molding
FM has an internal workshop, equipped with the most modern equipment constantly updated, able to take care of all the phases of construction of the molds and their maintenance throughout the life cycle. This allows a reduction in implementation times, greater flexibility in case of changes to the project and above all a particular attention to confidentiality. The molding department of FM is specialized in the production of technical articles in thermoplastic material. Over the course of 40 years of history, the experience gained has enabled us to cover almost all industrial sectors: mechanical and mechatronic, automotive, consumer electronics, automation, food and others. FM is also able to provide various post-molding processes such as: assembly, packaging, welding, etc.
Design and production of technical catalog items for ceramics and transport lines
FM is known worldwide for its catalog product line that, historically, sees its main market the ceramic industry machines, but over the years its use has widened in all the sectors that foresee a transport of products (wood, glass, packaging, etc.), as well as the development of an air treatment line.
In particular, the products are divided into the following lines:
- Ceramic line and transport: disc packs for enamelling, supports, safety guards, profiles, idle rollers, pulleys, wheels, rollers, chains and pinions;
- Air line: centrifugal fans, damper valves, clapet valves.